Wednesday, July 30, 2008

barcelona

alrighty, i just want to note that the man that i fell into was wearing actual swim trunks. so there was no my cheek to his cheek action going on....... :) but i will tell you what, most men do wear speedos or something to that effect, so i think i got lucky falling into one with more coverage :)

we are in barcelona. after not hearing my alarm clock go off for a couple straight minutes at 4:20am due to my awesome ear plugs, sarah woke me up at 4:52am and we were out the door by 5:15 to make our 6am train. our train ride was 12 and a half hours yesterday total. and sarah and i probably slept at least 6 of them on the train. there is something about the trains here but we both pass out the minute we sit down :) we met a really nice american lady on our last stint of the ride so that was fun. and we talked to another guy who was 1/2 french, 1/2 spanish and he gave us some good places to go in spain. and he was straight up beautiful so that added to the fun :)

we´re basically just chilling today. we want to get ourselves aclimated with the city so that when marci gets here tomorrow we´ll be ready to roll. and i think we´ll probably go to the beach at some point.... there´s nothing like getting a burn on top of a burn..... it wouldn´t really be a problem if i didn´t have to have carry 80 extremely heavy bags on my shoulders.....oh well. its my own fault :)

big news folks - as sarah and i were walking around last night trying to find some place to eat (it was her decision b-c she rejected my first recommendation, so little miss picky got to decide) ;) we ran across the first STARBUCKS that we´ve seen since we´ve been here. whoop whoop!!!!! venti iced cinnamon dolce latte here i come!!!! we´re totally going today before we take the metro to the beach :) and if they have a different flavor or special drink that they don´t offer in america i will try it, but my staple drink is really calling my name :) we had a free breakfast at our hostel this morning and i had a cappucino and i´m still shaking from it as i type..... i think that i have broken my caffeine addiction a bit while i´ve been here b-c i have gone a couple days sometimes without anything and i haven´t gotten headaches, and then when i do have it (like this morning) i am out of control jittery. its wonderful!!!!

so last night at dinner we ended up going to a little place off a side street and i tried gazpacho soup which i really enjoyed. and then i ordered some kind of chicken. i was excited and it basically turned out to be really really thin filets of friend chicken and fries! hahahah. so that was scrumptious and then i had rice and milk for dessert. yummtastic!! sarah enjoyed some white wine..... and the waiter brought us a shot of apple vodka ón the house´which tasted really good :)

i´m sorry to report that i don´t have any stories today to top the falling into a man´s butt story..... :( i´m sure that once marci arrives the true adventure will begin :) i am really looking forward to our time in spain (if i´m honest it was not on the top of my list at first) but now i´m totally stoked about it!!

thats all for now..... :)

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

thanks for the comment on my blog! i think spain would be totally fun! have fun and tell marci farci i say hello!

Jack Jackson said...

Fried pollo fillets, heh. Do they live on chicken 'n rice 'n beans like in the Caribbean? No Loco Pollos?

Are you sharing your email address with any of these totally beautiful eurometros? 8-)

Haha. Sarah's comment that you might come home a "married woman" brought forth this comment from yormama: "At least it would save us some money." Gotta love 'er.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jodi, I have to admit that I did enjoy imagining your face right into the rear side of a grown man! Thanks for the laugh this afternoon and also...what the crap--STARBUCKS? We have those here--I thought you were only drinking European coffee ;)

Jack Jackson said...

Pics. MORE pics!!! We need more pics, please. When you log on next time (each time), the first thing you need to do is begin uploading your pics. Then you can blog, email, surf... while the pics are uploading.

[at least that's the way it works in a perfect world] ;-)

jodi jackson said...

i would post more pics if we found any computers with usb ports..... when we do i promise that we do our best to upload upload upload! but we´ve only come across one thus far...... i promise that more will hopefully come asap. i mean, i want everyone to see my progressing tan ;)

Jack Jackson said...

Ask the body behind the hostel counter where an internet cafe is located nearby with said uber usp port. ;-)

Jack Jackson said...

Or, maybe even better yet... ask that same body if you gals can use his computer to upload your pics. 8-)

Jack Jackson said...

I know it looks like I'm trying to dominate your list of blog comments, but I really am into this jaunt of yours.

My question: Did they serve your french fries with mayonnaise? If not, you've just gotta try that delicacy before your "continental" trip is completed.

Anonymous said...

Jodi!!! I just jumped on the blogging train as I didn't have the address before. But, I read everything and I'm up to speed. So glad you are having such adventures. I'm mourning the loss of your nose ring, too. :( Can't wait for the next installment! Miss you...

Anonymous said...

Hey! CG says hi! We met at Tequila for dinner tonight, and it was weird not having you there with us, telling stories and laughing. We had a good time. I can't believe it but I forgot my camera! I meant to take our photo but didn't.
I would love love love to go to Barcelona, Madrid, anywhere in Spain!