Wednesday, July 9, 2008

tens of weeks down..... one to go....

welp, time continues to freakin FLY by!! i've been trying to be at least semi-productive and get stuff done, but lets be real - i'm a hardcore procrastinator... i'll just rationalize by saying that i do better and can focus more at the last minute....... yeah, let's just go with that ;)

i feel like i still have so much to do before i leave that i can't even think straight. let's see: i still need to pack up my apt, move out, do some last minute shopping for junk i need, put my life into a backpack, and the minor task of selling my car :( so if anyone knows of anyone interested in a 2007 mazda 3 let me know ;)

but busy or not, life will go on. i just need to keep a clear perspective on things. do the best that i can with the time that i have. i just keep trying to remind myself that its ok that i'm crazy busy right now b/c i'll have more than enough free time over my travels to chillax. even though there are moments when all i want to do is sit and stare at a blank wall, i feel extremely blessed to be filling up my time with my fantastic family and friends! how's that for some alliteration :) today i got to go out to lunch with some friends from my old work (this is a little shout out to stcins) :) and i had such a wonderful time!!! and over the course of the next few days i feel like i have one get-together after another, and i couldn't be more stoked about it! i absolutely cherish the relationships that i have with people in my life and i want to soak up as much as i can before i leave. i mean, i know that its not like i'll be gone forever, but i do fear that things won't be the same when i get back.... that people will feel disconnected from me b/c so much will happen while i'm gone that i'm not apart of, and vise versa. i'm hoping that this blog will be one way that people can stay plugged into my life. and i really want people to email me and let me know whats going on with them!! so do - please email me!!! even if i can't respond to each individual email, i still desperately want to stay afloat on whats going on in your lives. technology can be a little overbearing at times, but in this scenario hopefully it will do its job and keep people connected :)

one final thought before i call it a night....i just want to thank you ---- one thing that i did not really expect out of this new adventure is the overwhelming support that EVERYONE has given me! i mean, i thought that people might be excited for me and give me a pat on the shoulder, but not really think much of it. but everyone has been so great, and encouraging, and more supportive than i could ever have imagined!! its been really humbling actually. b/c more than one person has told me either that they are going to live vicariously thru me, or that they wish that they could have done something like this at my age, or applauded the adventurous spirit behind this trip. and that means a lot to me and i take it seriously. i recognize it as the rare opportunity that it is, and i don't want to waste it. i want to savor every moment, push myself to experience more of the world, and see God throughout it all! especially in nature. i mean, if i can see God in the random beauty of missouri that He created, just think about how incredible its gonna be seeing all the beauty that the world is about to unleash upon me... i'll definitely post pics! :) so all that to say -- the fact that other people are just as giddy as i am only adds to the pure joy of this trip. so thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! A shout out to stcins! We feel so loved. It's not quite the same without you here. SO excited for you though, have I mentioned that before? haha Love you girl!