Wednesday, July 16, 2008

let the race begin....

alrighty, here we go!!! i had hoped to have time to write more before i left.... try to put my thoughts over the past week or so into words. but considering the fact that i am still not really done packing i don't think i'll have the time this morning...... its been a good last week or so, filled with quality time with friends and family and lots of emotions. i guess i didn't expect myself to cry as much as i have b/c i'm not really a crier. but after my roomie and i watched a documentary on nursing homes and i straight up sobbed through most of it i realized there was no hope for me to have a dry departure ;)

i'm really excited to be starting this journey today. i'm just ready for it to be here already! i'm sick of having absolutely no idea what i'm about to get myself into :) i feel safe b/c i have my mase and swiss army knife safely tucked away in my luggage (that i'm checking, no worries) so that i can whip it out if needed....... and sarah is a black belt in karate and her dad has made her watch multiple survival dvd's. so if something happens and we're dropped off in the middle of no where we're set b/c she has a couple compasses, a fire starter, and a hugely scary knife :) it'll be a good time for sure!

welp, i'm gonna go finish packing.... and get myself prepped for the trip of a lifetime!!!! i just want to thank everyone so much for their well wishes. i'm sorry if i haven't gotten to call everyone back..... and keep checking on the blog b/c i'm giddy at the thought of sitting in my first internet cafe to write up a new post :)

love you all!!!!! :)

No comments: