Thursday, July 17, 2008

we landed!!!

this is probably gonna have to be quick, and filled with lots of typos b/c the keyboard is totally different here :) but i just wanted to say that we made it to paris - an hour or 2 late b/c our flight was delayed for technical reasons - and somehow managed to find our way on the trains.... and a super nice lady gave us a metro ticket b/c we were obviously lost. so that was greatly appreciated and already breaks the myth about all french peeps being rude and hating on americans. i will say that i am totally exhausted!!! we are at our hostel right now just waiting to check in and all li want to do is shower and take a nap :)

so far so good. i think that once i,m not running on just a couple hours of sleep i,ll be doing better. but it just feels bizarre to be here........for 3 months nonetheless.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you made it there safely, I have been thinking of you non-stop!! I am also glad to hear that you are getting rid of your ancient cell phone! I have a few "old" cell phones you are welcome to use when you get back. I miss you already and will be training hard for our race when you return!

Adrienne said...

Jode!! I totally forgot about how weird the keyboards are in Europe. Bizarre-o indeed. YAY for a safe landing!

Elizabeth Baker said...

I miss you already, but am glad to know you're there safely!! I can't wait to hear more...love you girl :)

Jack Jackson said...

Gee. I thought you were gonna SLEEP on the plane!!? 8-) If you made it to the hostel... then ya'll surely have a decent handle on the Paris Metro system.

Havin' a GREAT time... I'm sure. Keep it comin'.

Love ya, Dad

Unknown said...

Roomie! I miss you so much!!!! I'm glad you are there safe and sound. I can just imagine you in your sheet bag using your soap chips!!! ;) You're in our thoughts!!!!

YorMama said...

Jodi,
YorMama is so glad that you made it safely to Paris. Isn't is wonderful that there are kind people out there that will take care of two lost lambs. Get some rest and hit the town. I am living this trip through you. Your blogs are great. I love you and am praying for you and Sarah each day.
Love and kisses,
YorMama (don't you love my blog name?)

Stephen said...

HOW COOL....Have I told you a million and one times yet that I still hate you cause you are doing this and I have to work?