Friday, August 1, 2008

lets all welcome my new addition :)

hello all!!!!

ok, so now we are in barcelona. to be honest, i can´t remember where i was the last time i blogged, so i hope that not too much of this is a repeat. first of all, i thought i would be able to add some pics but the comps with usb ports are taken, and i get a free 1/2 hour so i´m taking it whatever way i can. so sorry for no pics, i was bummed.

anyways, let me add a few details about our time thus far in barcelona. yesterday we picked up our friend marci from the airport. her flight was due to arrive at 9:10am so we got there a little early and were doing great and then found out, after asking the american airline desk, that her flight was delayed till 12:45pm!!!!! so that was really frustrating and i was wondering why marci didn´t call sarah´s cell to tell us. so i said to sarah, ÿou´ve have your phone on right???? and she was like, ummmm.... no. so i was slightly ticked b-c marci had left us a message. so we got up at 6:30 for nothing........ so i told her that i needed a little bit of time to cool off..... so i got a magazine and a couple suckers for us to pass the FOUR hours till her flight arrived. so i eventually got over it and could talk to her again ;) and then it turns out that marci´s luggage never made it to spain. awesome....... so we ended up hanging out in the airport for a good 6 hours. but once we met up with her and got out of the flippin airport our moods improved and we had a fun night. and to get into the details of my latest and greatest addition...... i got a new piercing!!!!!!! the big thing in europe seems to be the marilyn monroe piercing and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! so sarah and i decided to get it done yesterday. WHOOP WHOOP`!!! i mean, especially since i had to take out my nose ring it was only fitting to replace it with something else ;) so we went to a place yesterday, i asked about how they sterilize their tools and they showed me everything and it was totally legit. so i did it!!!! and it literally didn´t hurt at all!!! like, even less than when you bite your lip. so that was great. and it was over in a matter of 2 minutes. fantastic!! i had hoped to post pics but couldn´t tonight.... sorry :( but i really like it and hope you guys do too ;) also, at a store today i talked to a girl who has dread locks and asked her how she did it and she told me. and i´m going to start tomorrow to make one. just one. but i´ve ALWAYS wanted dreads and especially like the idea of having just one to use as a ponytail holder. so maybe by the time i get home i´ll have that dream come true too ;)

but enough about all that..... today hasn´t been the best day. we´ve seen TONS of barcelona which has been great. the picasso museum (by FAR my favorite museum thus far, other than seeing The David) and a lot of other cool building and stuff. but we´ve never gotten lost so much which eventually can wear on you mentally. so i am ready for bed.... especially after a couple glasses of sangria ;)

so yeah, i think those are the main points for now. tomorrow we will go see the olympic buildings here and then head to madrid at some point...... this week will fly by i´m sure and i will blog as much as possible b-c thats just how i roll!!!!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah for the new piercing!! I can't wait to see it! :) I finally saw your pictures on snapfish and can't wait to see more! And of course I love the face in the butt part of your blog!! Just so I can get a complete mental picture, were his shorts wet or dry? Hahahaha!!!

Jack Jackson said...

I assume your Marilyn Monroe stud is "black" to simulate a beauty-mole.

Keep up with the good food. The rate you are burning daylight... you'll need all the nutrients ya'll can wash down with that sangria.

Adrienne said...

What in the world is a marilyn Monroe piercing? And I used to want dreads too but I never would be willing to shave my head after! :)

Unknown said...

Jodi! I flippin LOVE the new piercing idea. I think you are totally rocking it!!!! And side note - your blogs are so great I feel like I'm sitting right next to you reading a magazine and having a lollipop at the airport!!!

Anonymous said...

Jod, I can't believe that you got a piercing to match my face! Is it on the left side of your face like mine? I think you are a wild child!
I miss you!
love, lindo bo cootie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jod! I finally got to read all your blogs!! I'm so glad you're having a great time and laughed out loud at many of your stories! Say Hi to Sarah and Marz for me! Love love love you!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you pierced your beautiful face.