Tuesday, September 9, 2008

where's waldo?????

i seriousy love how when i don't blog for a couple of days people are wondering where i am at. that gives me reassurance that you do in fact care about me ;)

i feel the need to back track a bit... staying at kelli and mark's was seriously soo great! i had so much fun relaxing with them. it rained the whole time i was there so i didn't really get out and see much of newry but i was fine with that since i wasn't really feeling good. i am feeling better now except i still have a nice cough. but i will probably have that till i get home.... no worries. it was great though because after just one day of knowing mark i got his sense of humor and it was fun to ribbing him ;) i mean, i must be at least 14% irish since my last name is jackson. shoot, trinket shops had coasters with my family crest on it and all.... ;) and kelli finished reading redeeming love while i was there which is mz all time favorite book so i was pumped for her because she loved it just as much as me!! one highlight was that upon lindsey's urging we ate dinner at Friar Tuck's which is a place that mark always talks about when he is in the states. it was soooo good! i had a chicken sandwich (the best one i have ever had) and chips (fries). yumtastic! too bad everything is fried there because its not so healthy but too hard to resist :) also, we went to belfast one night to have dinner with some of their friends which was really nice and a lot of fun. i was sad to go but nonetheless i had a flight to catch. so thanks kelli and mark for everything!! especially the scones and soda bread :) *has anyone noticed that the main highlights of my entire trip has been food.....oops*

anywho.... i got back into paris and had another long day of straight up travel. i took all forms of transportation - taxi, plane, bus, metro, train, foot. i was able to get a bunch of connecting trains to eventually end up in........ luzern, switzerland!!!! i met a nice italian guy on one of the trains who was coming back to luzern after a holiday in france to come back to work. and it was nice b-c one of our trains was cancelled and rerouted and i would have never known if he wouldnt have told me. and he even pointed me to a hotel, so that was so nice. thanks dario :) anyways, i figured since sarah and i meant to come here back on day 4 it was only right for me to actually make it :) and its perfect!! exactly what i was hoping for. the weather has been phenomenal!!! sunny, breezy, but warm enough for shorts. yay!! yesterday i walked around and took lots of pictures. and there are tons of shops and stuff. but since i am not really in the mood for "souvenirs" i didn't buy much. but i did buy a new pair of sunglasses because i crunched my other pair that i LOVED apparently one day when i used my bag as a pillow while reading on a bench. oops. but my new pair is even more ghetto and huge and a tribute to my childhood ;) just wait to see them... so yep, luzern has been good to me. today i am renting a bike and hopefully getting my bike on finally!!!! i've been wanting to for weeks now, so my dream will come true today :)

then tomorrow i am taking a train to riomaggiore, italy which is in cinque terre. i am really excited, even though i know sarah is gonna hate me forever now :) i just hope that it is still really hot there so that i can get some good sun before i come home :) and i think that there is a park/forresty area close to my hostel so i might be able to do some more biking or hiking too which will be fun. i will be there for 5 days so i don't know if i can just lay on the beach the whole time.... ;)

but speaking of coming home - i come home a week from tomorrow!!! whoo hoooooo!! i feel like i have been gone a whole semester without getting to come home at all for a visit, its ridiculous!!! so i can't wait to see everyone and actually TALK face to face!!! i have 3 more cards to open between now and then. can you believe that i actually spaced them all out and didn't open them all on the plane ride over here?!?!? i guess i really am growing up :)

ps. if anyone knows of anyone looking for some temporary work (for a few months till i leave for spanish school) let me know b-c i will be looking for some work once i get home.... i'm a real good worker i swear :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jod, I just love you! I've been checking your blog for days now and you never disapoint. I'm so glad you are able to relax on your last leg of the trip! Enjoy every second there, life awaits you here! See you either Weds or Thurs!!!!!!!! Love lindo Bo Cootie

Stephen said...

That not fair...I signed up for a daily update from your, not five years in between....well, it felt like five years.

Glad to know that you are having fun while all of us are back here working! Have a fun and exciting time in Italy!

Stephen

Jack Jackson said...

Riomaggiore. The GoogleMaps images certainly look way cool. Me thinks yer gonna love that last week.

For what its worth, Spiez is close to Luzern. But, Lucerne is indeed scenic.

Tell us all about the Swiss pastries!!!!

sarah lynn said...

hmm...so jealous you are in luzerne and headed to my one regret...cinque terre ;)

BUT have so much fun jods and i can't wait to hear all about it!!any magnums lately?? i'm interested to see the new sunglasses...sad to hear the others broke!they were with us the whole time...ok, ciao! ;)

Jennine said...

I just loved the Cinque Terra when I was there in June. Now I do recommend that you go to Manarola and eat a slice of pizza at this little place called la cambusa which is not too far from the tunnel leading to the train station there when you come out of the tunnel make a left and it will be down a little staircase on your right. I loved their pizza pesto which was cheap and I ate there twice in three days. Enjoy the area I certainly did.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! I've been keeping up on your blog and I'm finally commenting to say 2 things:

1. Redeeming Love is one of my all time favorite books too!

2. You could always talk to SH about some part time work. We miss you!!!

3. Yeah I know I said I was only going to say 2 things but.... You sure know how to build suspense. I'm dying to know what these new ghetto sunglasses look like. A tribute to your childhood? I'll be waiting anxiously.

Love you girl!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jod! I'm so excited that you're having such an awesome time and selfishly, I'm excited that you're coming home soon! The boys keep asking, "When is Jodi coming back from her trip?" We all can't wait to see you! Be safe!
Love, Holl

Adrienne said...

I too am excited for you to come back! I long to hear your voice via the cell phone waves...

On another note, yes, you indeed are a good worker...especially if there is internet available. :) I must say the bi-hourly emails are one thing I miss the most as I get adjusted to being back at work...