Wednesday, September 17, 2008

this is not gonna be my final blog

welp, i am sitting at my hostel in paris and it is way too early to be up. but thanks for my roomates and the fact that they packed EVERYTHING they own in plastic bags i am up...... annoying but whatev. that gives me more time to blog :)

so cinque terre was a bit of a bust. i mean, it was beautiful and i would definitely go back again. but i would want to go earlier in the summer when it is more consistently hot. my last full day there it rained ALL day so that was a bummer. jennine, i tried to find the pizza place but for some reason i couldnt find the stairs that you mentioned. and since it was pouring i wasnt really in the mood to go on a full fledge search :) but i did have a piece of pesto pizza at a different joint i found and it was delicious! so thanks for recommending it or i probably wouldnt have tried it :) cinque terre is known for their pesto sauce and it was great. i bought a jar and some cool shaped pasta to make for my parents. thats a fair trade off for rent right?!?!?!? ;)

and then yesterday was the longest day of my life, or at least it felt like that. i left at 10:50am and got to paris at midnight... yikes!!! and i was surrounded by really not great smells on the train (i will spare you the details) which gave me a headache, and mixed with the movement of the train i was feeling a little queezy at points actually. but i pulled through :) and there was a kid sitting behind me who was super annoying and banging on my chair almost the whole time and another guy playing indian music on his cell phone with no headphones. i mean, who does that?!?! i was ready to punch somebody, but i didnt ;) instead i finished my 4th jane austen book, emma. whoop whoop!!!!

mom, i am sooooo sorry that i wasnt able to actually blog or email yesterday so i hope you have a super wonderfully special birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

welpers, basically all i have left to do is get ready and then get my booty to the airport. not sure i am going to be able to swing one last crepe but thats probably a good thing :)

i get home tonight around 9:15!! and i dont know what my cell phone number is going to be yet but once i know it, probably tomorrow, i will blog it so that everyone can have it. before i left i wrote everyone's numbers down so i should be good to go :) and i will maybe blog about my final thoughts and reflections about my last 2 months.... but as of yet i havent really been in the mood to try and be deep. hahaha

ok, enough rambling..... i will SEE you all super soon!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, sweetie.

Jack Jackson said...

Can anybody else tell that Jodi is REALLY ready to come home? A tad bit cranky, heh? Sure hope that doesn't carry over for very long once she hits the ground here... or else Refuge might need to set up a cot in the basement. 8-)

[only partially kidding]

Jack Jackson said...

She's HOME. Yippee.

And, she's burning up my phone minutes like a great white shark in a chum baited feeding frenzy!!!

Don't worry, she'll get to you ASAP.

I'm in hog's heaven. 8-) The stories are so energized!!!

Ahhhh. A father living vicariously through his children... again. Gotta love it.